Everyone age 16 and over in Orange County is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Everyone in Orange County who has not yet received a vaccine is encouraged protect their families and loved ones by getting vaccinated. The COVID-19 vaccine is safe, free and effective.
In Orange County the COVID-19 vaccine is being distributed through various healthcare channels, including hospitals, clinics and pharmacies and the County of Orange's Vaccine Point-of-Dispensing (POD) sites. Vaccination appointments through the County of Orange POD sites are scheduled based on supply.
To register for a vaccine appointment at a County of Orange Vaccine POD:
Step 1: Go to www.Othena.com and register for an account. Registered individuals will be placed in a “digital waiting room”.
Step 2: Registered users on the Othena.com user platform can download the smartphone app from the Othena website, through the Apple store for iPhones or through Google Play for Android devices. Registered users are notified to schedule an appointment by email or notification through the Othena app, which can be downloaded on the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Registered users are advised to regularly monitor their email and the Othena app for updates.
The ‘Family’ feature in Othena enables all household members to register, and coordinate scheduling their appointments. We strongly encourage all household members to register in Othena to schedule an appointment.
Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean language translations are available on the Othena webpage and smartphone app.Simplified and Traditional Mandarin Chinese translations are also available on the Othena app and will soon be added to the Othena webpage
To assist with the Othena registration process, how-to videos are available in Spanish and English:
If you need help scheduling a vaccine appointment, English, Spanish and Vietnamese language assistance is available by calling the OC COVID-19 hotline at (714) 834-2000 seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or email Othena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answers to frequently asked questions about Othena are available at OCCOVID19.OCHealthInfo.com/Othena-FAQS. This webpage will be continually updated as new information becomes available.
Upon arriving for a vaccine appointment through Othena, please:
- Do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Do not park on residential streets.
- Do not park in nearby school parking lots.
- Follow signage and traffic patterns.
- Bring a photo ID with proof of Orange County residency or Orange County employment and documentation of an appointment through Othena.
Individuals receiving vaccines through Othena will:
- Receive a card listing the vaccine type of the first dose received (e.g. Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson) and the vaccine “lot number”.
- Will automatically receive their second dose appointment confirmation through Othena.Those individuals are encouraged to monitor their email and sign into their profile on the Othena website or Othena smartphone app appointment information.
- Need to bring their vaccine cards to the site when receiving the second dose.
Supervisor, Orange County Board of Supervisors