July 21, 2020
The Orange County Community Foundation (OCCF) is offering 30 scholarships for the Virtual 2020 Gianneschi Social Impact Fellowship Program.
The 8-week program is hosted by the Gianneschi Center for Nonprofit Research at California State University, Fullerton and is designed as a comprehensive training for new community leaders to become Social Impact CEOs.
Participants will build organizational leadership skills and hear from a variety of resources and guest speakers. The program is concentrated on topics and tasks needed to lead an organization such as leadership, management, supervision, innovation, vision planning, fund development, strategic partnership, board development, staff development, program development, grantsmanship, marketing, and succession planning.
Participants who may be eligible to apply include:
- New CEOs of 501(c)3 public benefit exempt organizations
- Staff of organizations looking to become a CEO
- Students who want to be leaders in community organizations
- Operating board members of small organizations
Prerequisites: Participants should have a working basic knowledge of:
- 501(c)3 public benefit exempt organizations: what they are and how they work
- A basic budget
- Basic concepts of planning, budgeting, fundraising, marketing, and programs as they relate to 501(c)3 public benefit exempt organizations
- A laptop or smart pad with MS Office or Google Drive apps
Participants will meet every Friday morning from July 31, 2020 to September 18, 2020 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
To learn more about the program and apply for the OCCF scholarship, please visit https://business.fullerton.edu/engagement/gianneschinonprofitresearch/social-impact-leadership.
Supervisor, Orange County Board of Supervisors